Sunday 18 February 2018

I've been south for the first time since Aug' 17

You know when you're so sleepy you should definitely not make any decisions and go straight to bed?

Yes well, instead I'm opening a beer, listening to Rush and writing a blog post to you. Then I'll play some Age of Empires II and then I'll regret none of it tomorrow.


So I am tired as I was Sooth this past week. UK mainland to you and I. Gigging at Red Raw in the Stand Comedy Clubs in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle. It was brilliant. I'm not one for words currently, cause the typing interrupts the picking up of my can. But everyone enjoys a good slide show. Just ask those kids in It.




Great times.

Actually, just to share an anecdote. When I went to see It in the cinema. It got to the scene when the bairns were all discussing what they're afraid of (actually that is the above scene). And that kid who's just popped along from Hawkins, Indiana, and developed all the sass, says he is afraid of clowns. The guy next to me in the cinema muttered "Well then you're fucked mate." And I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the film. It. Hilarious.

Also, another side note, I have a theory, and this may be worthy of it's own blog post but I know it wont get it. But I have a theory that Stephen King is in fact It. Cause It lives off our fear. What does Stephen King inspire in us all in his books? Fear.* HE IS THE LIVING EMBODIMENT OF IT. ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF THE TURTLE.


Back to my slide show. My slide show. No more King.

Here are some photos of what I've been doing:


                                                         
Me in Glasgow. It was brighter than the sun.


Me in Newcastle. That wasn't even all the bridges.

Performing at the Stand Comedy Club Newcastle
Losing my shit over Cedric Diggory's want. Exactly as it reads

Ok no wait. We have to look at this more. And Bigger.







I can't move on from this. These are pizza cones. Yes exactly that. Look at them. Look at Miss Donner Kebab. Why is she blacked out? What is she carrying? Why is her glove still present? What is she? Why do none of the males have trousers on? Why is Dr. Spicy Chicken the only one with a doctorate, and in what, I don't know, cause he isn't dressed like a GP? When did Mr. Hawaiian break his left leg? Can any of you say Miss Margarita without putting on an accent? No. No it's impossible.



And which one did we buy?

Dr. Spicy Chicken of course. He's the only one with credentials. 



I promise I'll leave Shetland on a more regular basis and have a more indepth and shareable and relatable blog post about my time. But those pizza cones man. Also. I will keep that promise as I'm in the Glasgow International Comedy Festival in March. My show 'Marjolein Robertson: It's Time' will be on Monday 12th March, 8.30pm, in Yesbar. More info and tickets here:
Marjolein Robertson: It's Time


I could have written more. But I probably should have gone to bed. 








*Unless we're talking when he directed Maximum Overdrive. That is a laugh a minute. Thanks Stephen. Or should I say. Thanks It. Thit.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the "It" clip, well, the first 45 seconds, which was some ad for an apparently delicious sliced potato recipe. Since the internet is supposed to be monitoring our every move, want, and desire, I apparently, although I didn't know it, I crave potatoes. Ok, I'm off to the market, I need potatoes.

    ReplyDelete